The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Vultures 1: Review of the Decade

The official Vultures 1 album cover
The official “Vultures 1” album cover

After a long awaited three years, Kanye West has finally dropped yet another amazingly produced album. Not only is this a Ye album, it also features Ty Dolla $ign on every song, making this a collab album. Vultures 1 is the name of this new Kanye album. The album was released on Feb. 10th and was later taken down by its independent distributor, FUBA. Five days later on Feb. 15th it was re-released with another label distributor, part of Create Music Group. 

Vultures 1 ended its first week with a total of 148,000 sales within just the United States. Along with the total of sales, it has 18,000 copies sold as complete packages and 168 million streams. The album started out at No.1 on Billboard’s top 200. (forbes.com)

Vultures was highly anticipated for many fans of Ye since he has a track record of dropping albums late while only dropping an album typically every 3-5 years. Not only this but many controversial things have been said by Ye which has led to lots of publicity making him even more mainstream as not only an artist but also a celebrity as well. 

Now time for the complete and unbiased review. Vultures 1 has a total of 16 songs and 10 features. These features are from other popular artists such as Travis Scott, Playboi Carti, Rich the Kid, Quavo, Freddie Gibbs, Bump J, Lil Durk, Chris Brown, YG, and even Kanye’s own daughter North West. As the album came out many songs instantly reached a huge amount of hype and popularity. The most stand out song of the 16 was Carnival Ft. Rich the Kid and Playboi Carti. Carnival was streamed 23.5 million times just in its first week alone. Other songs such as Do It, Back To Me, Stars, and Burn have been huge fan favorites. Some songs such as Talking Ft. North West and Vultures Ft. Bump J and Lil Durk have been widely hated on and not seen as good songs. Personally we both feel as if the song Talking was horrible and we both think rappers shouldn’t put their kids on songs. Elliot feels as if Vultures the song wasn’t a bad song but most of the other songs were better. Trenton feels that Vultures’ song was actually really good and nobody could have done Lil Durks verse better. We both think just about all of the other songs are good or even great with Carnival being our personal favorites. Kanye could’ve done much better, as we know he is capable of making amazingly produced songs and even as an artist alone making songs by himself are even great. We’re hoping to feel better about the later songs being released on Vultures 2 and 3. 

This album was greatly produced by some of the worlds best producers such as Kanye West, Ty Dolla $ign, Ojivolta, Finatik N Zak, and Cubeatz. This album in our opinion hasn’t been very great compared to many of the other Ye albums. Although this album has not been great compared to others, we do not discredit how good it still is. Kanye has just been getting older and crazier which has taken his greatness of producing and music making down just as age does with most artists. We both agree the album is a 7.5/10, there were many standouts and just some decent songs. Kanye is still our King and we’re excited for the extra Vultures 2 and 3 to come out.