The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Stanley Tumblers

Stanley+Tumblers

Social media is a big part of everyday life in the modern century. Everywhere you go, you see someone on some type of entertainment platform, normally Tik Tok. Tik Tok focuses on entertainment but there is such a wide variety in the content you can see on the app. Trending content is what you usually tend to see.

Whether it is trending clothes, hair styles, or even accessories. There is always something that that teens are going crazy about. The current number one trend is Stanley tumblers.

The ‘Quencher H20 Flowstate’ 30z and 40z are the specific style that is trending. These large tumblers are vacuum sealed and advertised to keep drinks cold for 12 hours; 48 hours if they are iced and about 20 hours to keep drinks warm. They come in an abundance of colors and a few with simple designs on them. But the most popular colors seen on campus are white/cream, pink, and light purple. There are even accessories you can buy to decorate your cup. Charms with initials on them and cute straw covers are often seen on the tumblers.

The whole reason Stanleys blew up was because of content creators and paid partnership ads. These ads worked extremely well considering sales increased from $70 million to a staggering $750 million per year according to vox.com

The Stanley brand has been around for more than 100 years. In fact, soldiers in World War II used Stanley water bottles. Named after the inventor, William Stanley Jr. He wanted to create a durable, vacuum sealed bottle that would keep drinks hot or cold all day while at work. His main audience was hikers, and blue-collar workers. The Stanley logo was inspired by hikers: a bear with wings to represent nature and the animals within it.

Students all around MuHS are seen carrying their Stanley Tumblrs around campus. Many say the size and how pleasing the tumblers are to the eyes motivates them to drink more water. Since most students also carry their Stanleys, they have found that having it in their hand also reminds them to have a drink every so often, which helps them stay hydrated throughout the day.

In my opinion, you could very well find a tumbler that works just as well for a cheaper price. But if you like to blend in with the crowd and follow the trend then that is up to you to buy one of these tumblers. Would you spend $40 on a trending tumbler?