The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Kick off For Musselmen Swim Season

Taylor Peterson, left, Claire Coleman, center, and Brie Shirk compete at Shepherd.

As we say goodbye to the Fall season at Musselman, we are excited to welcome the Winter season and the sports that follow. But today we are focusing on the upcoming 2023-2024 Musselman swim team. With returning swimmers and a handful of fresh faces, the team is very excited to splash off the season. The Musselman swim team has recently had a handful of new swimmers.

First year swimmer and senior, Laci Slick, says “It’s definitely a new experience, but I’m excited to try new things.” She says she “loves the team dynamic” and that it’s “very different from the other sports I’ve played”. When asked what some of her personal goals for the season were, Slick replied, “I want to get out of my comfort zone with new events and just find confidence in swimming.”

Aside from fresh new faces, many returning swimmers are very excited to hop back into the water. One of many being the girls varsity captain of the team and senior, Claire Coleman. “I am excited about this year’s season, and I am looking forward to seeing how everyone improves.” Claire tells us. As a captain, her goals are to drop time on her events and for the team to get better as a whole. She says, “I would like to see everyone on our team set new personal records by the end of the season.”

With the start up of winter sports, It’s looking good for the swim team here at Musselman. With eager swimmers, all with different goals and aspirations for the year, the team strives on a competitive level but also shares a great bond of companionship.