The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Anticipation Grows for 4-Peat

Anticipation Grows for 4-Peat

With school back in session and the startup of fall sports, one team is already facing the spotlight: Musselman volleyball. We’re very eager to ask the big question: will they achieve 4-Peat status? During this fall season at Musselman, the team will compete in a series of games to climb their way to the top again. Fans are eager to see if this status can be achieved even after the loss of star senior players.

The team has already had a successful start to the season, and the girls are looking forward to the rest. For example, the girls played an amazing game against Martinsburg, not backing down from the ball ending with a win of 3-1. Kendall Watcher, senior varsity member of the team, says “I think we have the potential to have a great outcome this season, we just have to stick to our team standards and work hard in and out of practice”.

When asked if they see themselves achieving 4-Peat status, Coach Martz responded “We do not talk about a 4-peat or outcomes very much. With that being said, I do believe this team can beat anyone in this state if we are playing to our capabilities.” The team takes a very humble approach to the subject, and is instead focusing their time into working hard and putting in the effort into the present, as the season continues to go on.

With the loss of last year’s seniors, fans are very eager to know if this will affect the team in any way. “Certainly, initially there was a leadership void but certainly players are beginning to fill that void.” says Coach Martz. Players have stepped up to take on the leadership roles that were once held by the past seniors, for example star player on the varsity team and senior Ava Dunnigan. Dunnigan says “Since I’m a senior this year, I want to focus on helping lead the team as much as possible and to the best of my ability so I can help the new girls and leave my mark on the program”.

This season is looking bright for the Lady Applemen Volleyball team. The girls have upped their game with putting in the hard work both on and off the court. With the effort the team has, and their compassion for the sport, many already believe our girls are capable of achieving a highly successful season.