The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Kickoff for Applemen ACE Team

Andrew “AJ” Jones, Marissa Casto, GG Cohen, Layla Budzyn, and Kahlaya Becton all practicing with ACE

As the winter sport season continues at Musselman, many are eager for the 2023-2024 Musselman ACE team. The ACE team is a very unique sport here at Musselman that competes in a series of trivia competitions. Using fine hardworking skills and knowledge, the team exudes their intelligence at every meet. With a handful of returning members and fresh new faces, this year’s ACE team is looking bright.

Returning members are ready to hit the ground running. Nadia Madenspachner, sophomore, says her favorite thing about ACE is the practices and getting to go against each other. She says she’s also most excited to hopefully beat Spring Mills, which we will have to stay tuned for! Marissa Casto, sophomore, says she is excited to start the season and is very grateful to be able to practice and compete with her friends. 

The team also welcomes some brand new faces. Alongside those faces is, senior, Andrew “AJ” Jones. As a newcomer to any form of competitive sport, AJ is nervous but “very excited and looking forward to starting the season.” He tells us “my goal is to show that I am an asset to the team and to have fun. I joined partially because I thought it would be enjoyable, and so far it has been!” Since joining the team, AJ states “I’ve learned how to be more patient as well as how to work alongside others to create an efficient team.”

This year’s team is full of bright, intelligent young faces. We are very excited to see the outcome of the season!