The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Applemen Honored with Fundraising Formal for Scholarship

Late Musselman secretary, Cheryl Chapman.

As February approaches, students are eager to attend Musselman’s first ever winter formal. The dance was planned, organized, and thought out by one of our own Applemen: Sydney Ellwanger. Ellwanger thought the formal would be a great opportunity to start a scholarship fund for our late secretary, Cheryl Chapman. The dance will help raise funds for this scholarship along with the senior class gift in her memory.

Cheryl Chapman was a pillar of the community and for Musselman High School where she worked for the past 20 years. Many remember her dedication to manage all different types of sports games and for her iconic cow bell on Friday nights at the football field. She was always laughing and could light up a room, and will forever be remembered by the community and Musselman family.

Members of the community have also stepped up to join forces with Sydney to help the dance come alive.

“The community has poured in donations. Heritage Hall was donated completely for free, and we have raised over $2,500 in donations to get more funding,” stated Ellwanger.

The dance will be seniors only (with the exception of outside guest forms) and will take place at 7PM on February 17th, at Heritage Hall. Tickets are $30 cash only and will be on sale February 12th-17th. Sydney tells us that she hopes the dance could be a tradition every year to keep funding the scholarship for each senior class.

We are all very excited and cannot wait to see the outcome next month as this winter formal has brought the community of South Berkeley very close together working hard for a great cause.

Pictured above is information on the upcoming formal.