Spring Sports: Softball Coaches look forward to season

Softball+Lady+Applemen.+

Softball Lady Applemen.

Riley Shank, Sports Journalist, Photographer

Musselman high school softball team is off to a start. Tryouts were hosted Monday, February 28th and Tuesday, March 1st with so

Ellie Sloan, sophomore MUHS applemen softball player. Sloan rejoins after a year of injury. (Kendall Watcher)

many new girls showing up to try out. Our coaches, Coach Brown, the varsity coach, Mike Cocks, the JV coach, and the assistant coach, Mrs. Miller are so excited for their new softball team. Coach Miller mentioned, “We are looking forward to this season and we have great hopes that these players will achieve success. Many of our players are new, but we have a lot of talent that we hope to continue to develop. We graduated 3 seniors last year and we have some players that are ready to step up and fill those positions.”

She also said that she is very excited to add sophomore Ellie Sloan to their pitching staff after her being injured the whole last season. Everyone is so so excited to be on the team and to play in their first scrimmage Tuesday, March 8th. They are hoping for many fans this year. They gave us the link to their schedule for this year. https://www.epacwv.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?cwellOnly=1&G5statusflag=view&schoolname=&school_id=4&G5button=13&G5genie=669&vw_schoolyear=1&vw_agl=742-1-3,742-1-650,&manual_access=1

Current Scores

• March 18th MuHs vs. Spring Mills 11-1(W)
  • March 19th MuHs vs. Oakland 9-6 (L)
  • March 21st MuHs vs. Washington 16-1 (L)
  • March 22nd MuHs vs. Hedgesville 5-1(L)
  • March 26th MuHs vs. Keyser 5-7 (L)
  • Upcoming March 29th vs. Jefferson