The Cider Press Welcomes in a New Era of Digital and Print

Current Cider Press staff for the 2022-2023 school year.

The Cider Press Staff

With Musselman High School back for the 2022-2023 school year, The Cider Press newspaper is proud to be returning to print after a two year hiatus; however, with a previous addition from last year– a digital website!

Over the last two years, Musselman High School and other schools around the world pivoted away from print to protect each other from the pandemic. Due to this, the digital format was introduced.

Current newspaper class teacher, Mrs. Rjasko, stated, “We didn’t want our students to miss out on the opportunities of written journalism and the construction of a newspaper due to COVID. Seeing that a digital format is the main way many people receive or view news now, it was the perfect learning opportunity to introduce an online format for our students and readers.”

Although the class will be producing content via an online website, the class has moved to continue the tradition of printed copies for the staff and students as well as the South Berkeley Community.

Editor in Chief, Sydney Dugan, who is in her second year as a member of the newspaper explained to us, “I am excited to be able to see the newspaper that we worked so hard on in print and in our hands. I am so proud of the newspaper team because this year we hit the ground running and they’ve passed my expectations. This year I hope the newspaper team will be better than ever and we plan to have big articles coming your way.”

After the first release, the newspaper plans to print and update the website once a month. Keep a look out for the print in your classrooms and the library or check out the website at www.muhsciderpress.com.