The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Senior Highlight: Sydney Elwanger

Senior Highlight: Sydney Elwanger

As the end of the 2024 school year is quickly approaching, so is graduation season for the county. There are many seniors to highlight at MuHS, but one student in particular has stuck out: Sydney Ellwanger.

Sydney is a highly involved student as she is the senior class president and also is a part of the Leadership class at MuHS that plans all the school events like pep rallies, prom, homecoming, and all events of the sort.

When asked to reflect on her high school experience, Sydney mentioned that she felt super involved in everything she could, as noted above.

Sydney has contributed to MuHS through the years, but notably, she helped have four pep rallies this year for the first time and it’s all because of her. In addition, this is the first year there has ever been a winter formal. The formal was to honor Ms. Chapman, a member of our staff who had passed away.

When asked what she plans to do after high school, Sydney stated that she is going to go to WVU to major in education and probably become a teacher.

Although says she’s ready for college, she did mention one thing she would miss.

“Getting to see my friends everyday, and building new relationships with everyone around,” stated Ellwanger.

A piece of advice that Sydney felt all new freshman should hear for next year was to get involved, because she truly believes that being involved is what makes high school fun and enjoyable.

Sydney is a very interesting person as she has a lizard named beef, a cat named cat, and a beagle named beagle. She is also an only child.