The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Holiday Giving at Musselman

Musselman High School takes pride in offering a diverse array of clubs, fostering an environment where students can enrich their academic experiences and explore their passions beyond the classroom. These clubs not only contribute to the personal growth of the students but also demonstrate a commitment to community engagement. Students are also encouraged to embrace the spirit of giving back to the community.

A testament to this commitment is the tradition at Musselman High School, where clubs actively participate in supporting local families during the holidays. The school’s participating clubs come together to collect toys and necessities, creating a memorable and joyous experience for a student at Musselmen and their family. This tradition not only exemplifies the compassionate nature of the school’s clubs but also highlights the importance of fostering a sense of community and solidarity among the student body.

Annually, the Berkeley County financial advisor compiles a list of children from across the county and shares it with Musslmens clubs, allowing them to determine recipients for their contributions. Once each family is assigned to a specific club, the club leaders reach out to the families to collaborate on identifying the most meaningful gifts. Members of the club then unite to volunteer and contribute gifts. Additionally, they gather proceeds from the school store to shop for additional gifts to the chosen families.

Interviewing the club leader of the FCA branch, Mr. Kleppner, would go on to state more on this tradition and its impact on our community, “The kids really come through with this, like I really give credit to them, it’s 100% volunteer and they all contribute so much just out of the goodness of their hearts. Like one year we had filled almost two vehicles full, one truck and one jeep I think.” He would mention many heartwarming experiences throughout the years, explaining that their efforts made an impact to the community, “It really does make their holidays, it’s not just about the gifts but also the connection with people that’s incredible, just having people you’ve never met before hug you and crying with joy.” He would go on to talk about how much he loves doing this tradition, bringing light with the negativity in the world.

Overall this tradition not only brings joy to the holiday experience for families in need but also resonates with students who put time and effort into giving back to the community, creating meaningful connections, and inspiring others to give back as well.