The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

Laci Slick gets Full Ride to Garrett College

With so many students here at Musselman it is hard to be able to give recognition to each and every one, all of whom have their own stories to tell and lives planned for after high school. An interesting story of one student with big plans for after graduation comes from Musselman Girls Soccer, Softball, and Basketball player Laci Slick.

Laci is a senior here at Musselman High School, and is highly involved in our girls athletic community having played almost every girls sport we offer and excelling, ranking 41st in the state for soccer and 67th for softball. She plans on going to college hoping to one day become a dental hygienist so she can stay in West Virginia and start a practice for the community.

To accomplish this goal her athletics have come as a major help. Having won multiple awards from across all of these different sports, she recently happened to catch the eyes of recruiters for college athletics at Garrett College. After one of her games they approached her, offering a full ride athletic scholarship  to play on both their soccer and softball teams.
“Basically it’s always been a dream of mine to play at the next level and the opportunity just came to me, I wasn’t really looking for it, they just came up after a tournament and told me about it and after doing more research it seemed perfect for me. They have a smaller campus with a 14:1 ratio of teachers so I knew I wouldn’t just be a number.”

Laci describes herself as a very understanding, outgoing athletic student with most of her time and hobbies going towards honing her skills in her respective sports. Outside of her athletics she also appreciates quality time going out to dinner with family and friends.