The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

November Artist of the Month

Art piece created by Sophie Carpenter.

The artist of the month for November at Musselman High School is Sophie Carpenter. She was nominated by Ms. Burton, an art teacher here at MuHS.

When asked why she picked Sophie, Ms. Burton stated, “Sophie is not only incredibly talented, she is also disciplined as a student and as an artist. She takes great pride in her work and pushes herself to do her best and to continue to learn and experiment. Her determination and curiosity are a perfect combination for a successful artist.”

Art piece created by Sophie Carpenter.

Sophie has had a passion for art and has loved it since she was little. She usually likes to use mediums like colored pencils, acrylics and watercolor paint, and sometimes she likes to draw online. When asked if she wanted to pursue art in the future, she replied, “Maybe not specifically art, but I do want to include it in my career in some way. I am really trying to find a way to include it.”

Sophia believes art can be really relaxing and often times gets consumed within her drawings. Sophia states that occasionally it’s hard to get inspired, but when inspiration strikes, she really enjoys going with it.

Art piece created by Sophie Carpenter.

We asked her if she had any art tips for people who are struggling with art and she said, “Take a lot of inspiration. It’s not bad to look at references and just ask people’s opinions because it’s how you learn, you learn through making mistakes, you learn through trying new stuff, so don’t be afraid to try new things.”

If you are an aspiring artist, it’s always good to ask for help or advice and opinions. Sophie is a talented artist, and if you know someone who, much like Sophie, is lacking recognition for exceptional art, contact Mrs.Rjasko in room 601.