The Student News Site of Musselman High School

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

The Cider Press

Tennis Snapshot
Tennis Snapshot
March 15, 2024
Stanley Tumblers
Stanley Tumblers
March 14, 2024

New Boy’s Soccer Coach on the Scene

New Boy’s Soccer Coach on the Scene

Change came to the MuHS soccer team for 2023-2024. Last year the soccer team finished 4-7-3, with their season ending with a 3-2 loss against Hedgesville in the first round of the section playoffs. After the ending of last season, a new coach was introduced– Chandler DeHaven, MuHS assistant principal.

Coach DeHaven attended James Wood High School where he played soccer and football all throughout his high school career. After high school he would go on to play college football at Bridgewater. Prior to taking this position, he had coached six seasons of soccer at Clark County High School.

When asked what his goals were for the upcoming season he said, “The main two goals are to make it past the first round of sectional playoffs and be able to beat Hedgesville in regional.”

While discussing the team, DeHaven stated, “My best players are probably my two captains Ethan Stegmaier, and Jacob Clemons.”

He mentioned his record predictions for this year, claiming ”To be honest, I don’t have a full record prediction but I’m very confident that we will at least have a 10 win season.”

He was then asked what he believed this year’s team’s biggest strength was. DeHaven mentioned, “I think that the strongest part of this year’s team is probably the senior leadership that we have.”

To close the interview, he was asked how he would describe this team in one word.  Proudly, he said “Determined.”

There are high hopes this season for Musselman’s soccer team, and each team member is showing the strength to bring the team to the playoffs. To follow the team’s journey this year, visit the official MuHS website for important updates and news regarding upcoming events, games, and pep rallies.